View : 17 Download: 0
Synthesis, cytotoxicity, and DNA topoisomerase II inhibitory activity of benzofuroquinolinediones
- Synthesis, cytotoxicity, and DNA topoisomerase II inhibitory activity of benzofuroquinolinediones
- Rhee H.-K.; Park H.J.; Lee S.K.; Lee C.-O.; Choo H.-Y.P.
- Ewha Authors
- 박혜영; 이상국
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Bioorganic and Medicinal Chemistry
- vol. 15, no. 4, pp. 1651 - 1658
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Benzofuroquinolinediones (7c and 7d) were synthesized by base-catalyzed condensation of dichloroquinolinediones with phenolic derivatives. Their dialkylaminoalkoxy derivatives (8i-8p) were prepared by reaction with various dialkylaminoalkyl chlorides. The cytotoxicity of the synthesized compounds was evaluated against eight types of human cancer cell lines, and their topoisomerase II inhibition was assessed. In general, the cytotoxicity of benzofuroquinolinediones (8i-8p) was similar or superior to that of doxorubicin and showed more potent inhibitory activity than naphthofurandiones (8a-8h). Also, most of the compounds exhibited excellent topoisomerase II inhibitory activity at a concentration of 5 μM and two compounds, 8d and 8i, showed IC 50 values of 1.19 and 0.68 μM, respectively, and were much more potent than etoposide (IC 50 = 78.4 μM), but similar to doxorubicin (IC 50 = 2.67 μM). However their inhibitory activity on topoisomerase I was lower, and 8d and 8i showed IC 50 values of 42.0 and 64.3 μM, respectively. © 2006.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.