View : 51 Download: 0
Identification of Nyasol and structurally related compounds as the active principles from Anemarrhena asphodeloides against respiratory syncytial virus (RSV)
- Identification of Nyasol and structurally related compounds as the active principles from Anemarrhena asphodeloides against respiratory syncytial virus (RSV)
- Bae G.; Yu J.-R.; Lee J.; Chang J.; Seo E.-K.
- Ewha Authors
- 서은경; 장준
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 서은경; 장준
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Chemistry and Biodiversity
- vol. 4, no. 9, pp. 2231 - 2235
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Three known phenolic compounds, (-)-(R)-nyasol (=4,4′-(1Z,3R)-Penta-1,4-diene-1,3-diyldiphenol; 1), its derivative 2, and broussonin A (3) - isolated from the rhizomes of Anemarrhena asphodeloides - were for the first time identified as the active principles capable of efficient respiratory-syncytial-virus (RSV) inhibition. The IC50 values of 1-3 against the RSV-A2 strain, propagated in HEp-2 cells, were determined, their activities being higher than that of the standard antiviral drug ribavirin (IC50 = 1.15 μm). In addition, the known, but inactive, compound 'trans-N-(para-coumaroyl)tyramine' (=(2E)-3-(4-hydroxyphenyl)-N-[2-(4-hydroxyphenyl)ethyl]prop-2-enamide; 4) was isolated from this plant for the first time. © 2007 Verlag Helvetica Chimica Acta AG, Zürich.
- Appears in Collections:
- 약학대학 > 약학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.