View : 34 Download: 0
Immunogenicity and safety of pneumococcal 7-valent conjugate vaccine (diphtheria CRM197 protein conjugate; Prevenar™) in Korean infants: Differences that are found in Asian children
- Immunogenicity and safety of pneumococcal 7-valent conjugate vaccine (diphtheria CRM197 protein conjugate; Prevenar™) in Korean infants: Differences that are found in Asian children
- Kim N.-H.; Lee J.; Lee S.J.; Lee H.; Kim K.-H.; Park S.-E.; Lee H.-J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- vol. 25, no. 45, pp. 7858 - 7865
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- This study was conducted to determine the immunogenicity and safety of a 7-valent CRM197 protein conjugated pneumococcal vaccine (PCV7) in Korean infants immunized at 2, 4 and 6 months. A total of 202 infants were enrolled and 146 and 141 infants were, respectively, included in post-2nd dose and post-3rd dose immunogenicity evaluations conducted on a per protocol basis. After two and three PCV7 vaccinations, 63.0-98.0 and 97.2-100% of infants achieved an antibody level of ≥0.35 μg/mL, respectively, with a lowest against serotype 6B. No vaccination-related serious adverse reactions were observed. Thus, PCV7 appears safe and highly immunogenic in Korean infants, and adopting two doses for a primary series could be a feasible option for facilitating vaccine coverage rate. © 2007 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.