View : 105 Download: 0
Novel deletion mutation of HLA-B*40:02 gene in acquired aplastic anemia
- Novel deletion mutation of HLA-B*40:02 gene in acquired aplastic anemia
- Jeong, T. -D.; Mun, Y. -C.; Chung, H. -S.; Seo, D.; Im, J.; Huh, J.
- Ewha Authors
- 허정원; 문영철; 정태동
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 허정원; 문영철; 정태동
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- 2059-2302; 2059-2310
- vol. 89, no. 1, pp. 47 - 51
- aplastic anemia; cytotoxic T lymphocyte; HLA-B; mutation
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Despite prevalence of clonal evolution in patients with aplastic anemia (AA), somatic mutation of human leukocyte antigen (HLA) gene is rarely reported. Herein, we reported a case of acquired AA (aAA) harboring a new four-base-pair deletion mutation within exon 4 of HLA-B*40:02 leading to frameshift and premature stop codon. The HLA-B*40: 02 mutant allele was detected in the patient's peripheral blood sample not in patient's buccal epithelial cells. The patient received allogenic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation (HSCT) from HLA-matched sibling donor. On day 30 after HSCT, themutantHLA allele was not detected by high-resolution sequence-basedHLA typing. Serial chimerism analyses showed mixed chimeric status indicative of coexisting donor and recipient hematopoietic cells. Our data could provide additional support in view of pathophysiology of aAA that somatic mutation of HLA-B*40:02 allele is one of the possible origin of clonal escape to evade immune attack in patient with aAA.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.