View : 111 Download: 0
Enhanced battlefield visualization for situation awareness
- Enhanced battlefield visualization for situation awareness
- Kim Y.J.; Hoffmann C.M.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Computers and Graphics (Pergamon)
- vol. 27, no. 6, pp. 873 - 885
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- We present tools to visualize density, clustering, and lethality assessment that help a military commander achieve situation awareness on the battlefield. For the density computation, we provide a geometry-based, image-based, and hybrid approach to tackle the problem. We choose proximity-based clustering as a suitable definition for our application. Based on this clustering definition, we show an efficient computational method based on the Delaunay triangulation. Finally, we present a probabilistic model for the lethality assessment and an efficient way to compute it using hardware support where available. We also explain how to deliver visual information to the human visual system effectively. The principles of human visual perception, such as preattentive and Gestalt perceptual processing, play an important role in this work. © 2003 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.