View : 90 Download: 0
Nonheme FeIVO Complexes That Can Oxidize the C-H Bonds of Cyclohexane at Room Temperature
- Nonheme FeIVO Complexes That Can Oxidize the C-H Bonds of Cyclohexane at Room Temperature
- Kaizer J.; Klinker E.J.; Oh N.Y.; Rohde J.-U.; Song W.J.; Stubna A.; Kim J.; Munck E.; Nam W.; Que Jr. L.
- Ewha Authors
- 남원우; 김진흥
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 남원우; 김진흥
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of the American Chemical Society
- Journal of the American Chemical Society vol. 126, no. 2, pp. 472 - 473
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Nonheme oxoiron(IV) complexes of two pentadentate ligands, N4Py (N,N-bis(2-pyridylmethyl)-bis(2-pyridyl)methylamine) and Bn-tpen (N-benzyl-N,N′,N′-tris(2-pyridylmethyl)-1,2-diaminoethane), have been generated and found to have spectroscopic properties similar to the closely related tetradentate TPA (tris(2-pyridylmethyl)amine) complex reported earlier. However, unlike the TPA complex, the pentadentate complexes have a considerable lifetime at room temperature. This greater thermal stability has allowed the hydroxylation of alkanes with C-H bonds as strong as 99.3 kcal/mol to be observed at room temperature. Furthermore, a large deuterium KIE value is found in the oxidation of ethylbenzene. These observations lend strong credence to postulated mechanisms of mononuclear nonheme iron enzymes that invoke the intermediacy of oxoiron(IV) species. Copyright © 2004 American Chemical Society.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.