View : 324 Download: 0
Multinational firms' location preference for regional distribution centers: Focus on the Northeast Asian region
- Multinational firms' location preference for regional distribution centers: Focus on the Northeast Asian region
- Oum T.H.; Park J.-H.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review
- Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review vol. 40, no. 2, pp. 101 - 121
- SCIE; SSCI; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- This paper has three main objectives: (a) to identify the major factors that multinational companies (MNCs) consider important when they decide the locations of their regional distribution centers, and (b) to understand how European and North American MNCs assess Korean cities (Seoul/Incheon; Busan/Kwangyang) as potential location for their Northeast Asian distribution centers via-a-vis competing Northeast Asian cities (Tokyo/Yokohama, Osaka/Kobe, Shanghai, Beijing/Tianjin, Taipei), and (c) to identify the gaps for Korean government must fill in order to attract MNCs' distribution centers to Korea in order to achieve its pronounced goal of building a successful regional logistics hub. These objectives have been accomplished in this paper by employing three complementary methods: a careful review and summary of relevant literatures, a structured questionnaire-based survey of MNCs' distribution managers, and personal interviews with MNCs senior executives and governments officials. © 2003 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 경영대학 > 경영학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.