View : 142 Download: 0
A permutation test for nonindependent matched pair data
- A permutation test for nonindependent matched pair data
- Kang S.-H.; Kim H.W.; Ahn C.W.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Therapeutic Innovation & Regulatory Science
- vol. 35, no. 2, pp. 407 - 411
- Dentistry; Intraclass correlation; Paired T-test; Wilcoxon signed-rank test
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- The paired t-test and the Wilcoxon signed-rank test are often conducted to compare two continuous outcomes from paired observations. An assumption underlying these tests is that the responses from pair to pair are mutually independent. However, the assumption is violated in certain applications such as site-specific data in periodontal research. An adjustment to the paired t-test to account for the clustering effect has been well developed. But the adjustment relies on either large sample theory or the assumption that the observations being analyzed follow a normal distribution. In this paper, we propose a permutation test for matched pair clustered data which are valid in small samples. We developed and reviewed software to carry out the proposed test. The proposed test is applied to real-life data. © 2001, Drug Information Association. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 통계학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.