View : 293 Download: 0
Exact Tests for Epidemiological Risks under Independent Negative Binomial Sampling for Rare Events in Clinical Trials
- Exact Tests for Epidemiological Risks under Independent Negative Binomial Sampling for Rare Events in Clinical Trials
- Kang S.-H.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Therapeutic Innovation & Regulatory Science
- Therapeutic Innovation & Regulatory Science vol. 42, no. 2, pp. 115 - 121
- 2 times 2 contingency table; Epidemiology; Exact unconditional power; Rare event; Vaccine
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- 2times2 contingency tables are frequently obtained from independent binomial sampling. However, when the probabilities of the outcome of interest are small, we may use independent negative binomial sampling in which sampling stops after a predetermined number of the outcome of interest occurs. The obtained 2times2 contingency tables are likely to be unbalanced, and the asymptotic tests could be unreliable. In this article, we develop exact conditional tests for the risk difference, the risk ratio, and the odds ratio in 2 times 2 contingency tables obtained from independent negative binomial sampling. We investigate the exact unconditional powers of the exact tests. The main advantage of exact test is that it is guaranteed to control type I errors under the nominal level unconditionally. © 2008, Drug Information Association. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 통계학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.