View : 123 Download: 0
A Survey of Distance Education Challenges and Technologies
- A Survey of Distance Education Challenges and Technologies
- Shih T.K.; Antoni G.D.; Arndt T.; Asirvatham A.; Chang C.-T.; Chee Y.S.; Dow C.-R.; Hung J.C.; Jin Q.; Jung I.; Leong H.V.; Li S.-T.; Lin F.; Liu J.; Sala N.; Wang Y.-H.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- International Journal of Distance Education Technologies (IJDET)
- vol. 1, no. 1, pp. 1 - 20
- authoring system; CAI; CBT; communication; CSCW; cyber university; distance education; distance learning; elearning; intelligent tutoring; multimedia presentation; video conferencing; virtual classroom; virtual university
- Distance education, e-learning, and virtual university are similar terms for a trend of modern education. It is an integration of information technologies, computer hardware systems, and communication tools, to support educational professionals in remote teaching. This paper presents an overview of distance education from the perspective of policy, people, and technology. A number of questions frequently asked in distance learning panel discussions are presented, with the suggested answers from the authors. The survey presented in this paper includes communication, intelligent, and educational technologies of distance education. Readers of this paper are academic researchers and engineers who are interested in new research issues of distance education, as well as educators and general participants who are seeking new solutions. © 2003, IGI Global. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사범대학 > 교육공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.