View : 63 Download: 0
An event-trigger-rule model for supporting collaborative knowledge sharing among distributed organizations
- An event-trigger-rule model for supporting collaborative knowledge sharing among distributed organizations
- Lee M.; Su S.Y.W.; Lam H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics)
- vol. 4277 LNCS - I, pp. 780 - 791
- The Internet has become the major platform for future inter-organizational knowledge-based applications. There is a need for knowledge modeling and processing techniques to perform event management and rule processing in such a distributed environment. We present an Event-Trigger-Rule (ETR) model, which differs from the conventional ECA rule model in that events and rules can be defined and managed independently by different people/organizations at different sites. Triggers are specifications that link distributed events with potentially complex structures of distributed rules to capture semantically rich and useful knowledge. Triggers can also be specified by different people/organizations in a distributed environment. Based on the ETR model, we have implemented an ETR Server that can be installed at multiple sites over the Internet. The ETR Server provides platform independence, extensibility, processing of event histories and rule structures, dynamic rule change at run-time, and Web-based GUI tools. The ETR Model and the implemented ETR Server can support various inter-organizational collaborative knowledge-based applications such as a Web-based negotiation system, supply chains, dynamic workflow management system, Knowledge Networks, and transnational information system. © Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 2006.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.