View : 27 Download: 0
Investigation of similar and dissimilar metal contacts for reliable radio frequency micorelectromechanical switches
- Investigation of similar and dissimilar metal contacts for reliable radio frequency micorelectromechanical switches
- Kwon H.; Park J.-H.; Lee H.-C.; Choi D.-J.; Park Y.-H.; Nam H.-J.; Joo Y.-C.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Japanese Journal of Applied Physics, Part 1: Regular Papers and Short Notes and Review Papers
- vol. 47, no. 8 PART 1, pp. 6558 - 6562
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- The evaluation test of various thin film contact materials for reliable radio frequency (RF) microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) switches is presented. Given that two of the most important performance criteria of RF MEMS switches are a low contact resistance and high reliability, the purpose of this study is to search for feasible contact materials and combinations by measuring the contact resistance and hot switching reliability under high current condition. We selected gold, platinum, and iridium for the contact materials and compared the contact resistance and failure point for various similar or dissimilar contacts; Au/Au, Pt/Pt, Ir/Ir, Au/Pt, and Au/Ir using a contact measurement apparatus. Also, we investigated the insertion loss and power handling capability of Au/Au and Au/Ir in the RF MEMS switches. From these studies, it was found that dissimilar contacts such as Au/Pt or Au/Ir are an effective means of enhancing the reliability for high power RF MEMS switches. This evaluation method represents an important step toward the development of reliable metal contacts. © 2008 The Japan Society of Applied Physics.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 물리학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.