View : 66 Download: 0
Efficacy and safety of mirodenafil, A new oral phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor, for treatment of erectile dysfunction
- Efficacy and safety of mirodenafil, A new oral phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor, for treatment of erectile dysfunction
- Paick J.-S.; Ahn T.Y.; Choi H.K.; Chung W.-S.; Kim J.J.; Kim S.C.; Kim S.W.; Lee S.W.; Min K.S.; Moon K.H.; Park J.K.; Park K.; Park N.C.; Suh J.-K.; Yang D.Y.; Jung H.-G.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Sexual Medicine
- Journal of Sexual Medicine vol. 5, no. 11, pp. 2672 - 2680
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Introduction. Mirodenafil is a newly developed oral phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor, currently under investigation as a treatment for erectile dysfunction (ED). Aim. We investigated the efficacy and safetyof on demand mirodenafil therapy at fixed doses (50 and 100mg) in Korean men with a broad range of ED. Methods. A multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, parallel-group, fixed-dose study was conducted with 223 subjects who were randomized to placebo or mirodenafil at fixed doses of 50 or 100mg for 12 weeks on an "as needed" basis. Main Outcome Measures. Primary efficacy measures were scores on the International Index of Erectile Function (IIEF) Question 3 (Q3) and Question 4 (Q4). Secondary efficacy measures included all domain scores of the IIEF, Sexual Encounter Profile Question 2 (SEP2), Sexual Encounter Profile Question 3 (SEP3), the Global Assessment Question (GAQ), and the Life Satisfaction Checklist (LSC). Safety assessments included laboratory tests, vital signs, physical examination, 12-lead electrocardiogram recordings, and patients' reporting of adverse events. Results. Mirodenafil 50 and 100 mg groups showed a significantly greaterincrease in IIEF Q3 (P = 0.0001, P <0.0001, respectively) and Q4 scores (both P <0.0001) at the end point compared with the placebo group. And mirodenafil in both doses significantly improved the scores of all five domains of the IIEF, SEP2, and SEP3 as well as the percentages of patients responding positively to the GAQ compared with the placebo group. As for LSC scores, the two mirodenafil groups showed significantly greater improvements in items regarding life as a whole, sexual life, and partner relationship than the placebo group. Most treatment-associated adverse events were of mild intensity, resolving spontaneously. Conclusions. Mirodenafil, in doses of 50 or 100 mg, significantly improved erectile function and were well tolerated in a representative population of Korean men with broad-spectrum ED of various etiologies and severities. © 2008 International Society for Sexual Medicine.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.