View : 430 Download: 0
SK-PC-B70M confers anti-oxidant activity and reduces Aβ levels in the brain of Tg2576 mice
- SK-PC-B70M confers anti-oxidant activity and reduces Aβ levels in the brain of Tg2576 mice
- Seo J.-S.; Kim T.-K.; Leem Y.-H.; Lee K.-W.; Park S.-K.; Baek I.-S.; Kim K.-S.; Im G.-J.; Lee S.M.; Park Y.H.; Han P.-L.
- Ewha Authors
- 한평림; 이강우; 김경심; 임예현
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 한평림; 임예현
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Brain Research
- Brain Research vol. 1261, pp. 100 - 108
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- SK-PC-B70M is an oleanolic-glycoside saponin-enriched fraction derived from the root of Pulsatilla koreana. Recently, it was reported that hederacolchiside-E is an active ingredient of SK-PC-B70M that confers a neuroprotective effect against the cytotoxicity induced by Aβ(1-42) in SK-N-SH neuroblastoma cells. SK-PC-B70M improves scopolamine-induced impairments of spatial working memory in rats. In the present study, we investigated whether SK-PC-B70M has a beneficial effect on the Tg2576 murine model of Alzheimer's disease. ELISA analysis revealed that the levels of soluble and insoluble forms of Aβ(1-42) in Tg2576 mice fed SK-PC-B70M (2000 ppm) from 11 months to 16 months of age were reduced to, respectively, 66% and 79% of the control Tg2576 mice. Anti-Aβ antibody-stained brain sections of Tg2576 mice with SK-PC-B70M (2000 ppm) consistently showed a reduction in plaque formation in the brain. Western blot analyses showed altered expressions of various cellular factors, such as up-regulation of transthyretin, phospho-ERK, and phospho-CREB in the brain treated with SK-PC-B70M. SK-PC-B70M suppressed the neuronal toxicity induced by H2O2 in primary cortical culture. Moreover, biochemical and immunohistochemical analyses showed that the levels of malondialdehyde (MDA) and 4-hydroxy-2-nonenal (HNE), oxidized by-products of lipid peroxidation, were notably reduced in the hippocampus of Tg2576 mice treated with SK-PC-B70M compared with the Tg2576 control. These results suggest that SK-PC-B70M attenuates AD-like pathology in the brain of Tg2576 mice. © 2008 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 일반대학원 > 뇌·인지과학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.