View : 35 Download: 0
Immunogenicity of menACWY-CRM in Korean military recruits: Influence of tetanus-diphtheria toxoid vaccination on the vaccine response to menACWY-CRM
- Immunogenicity of menACWY-CRM in Korean military recruits: Influence of tetanus-diphtheria toxoid vaccination on the vaccine response to menACWY-CRM
- Kim H.W.; Park I.H.; You S.; Yu H.T.; Oh I.S.; Sung P.S.; Shin E.C.; Kim K.H.
- Ewha Authors
- 김경효; 김한울; 박인호
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김경효; 김한울; 박인호
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Yonsei Medical Journal
- vol. 57, no. 6, pp. 1511 - 1516
- Meningococcal vaccine; Neisseria meningitidis; Serum bactericidal antibody assay
- Yonsei University College of Medicine
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- The quadrivalent meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MenACWY-CRM) has been introduced for military recruits in Korea since 2012. This study was performed to evaluate the immunogenicity of MenACWY-CRM in Korean military recruits. In addition, the influence of tetanus-diphtheria toxoids (Td) vaccination on the vaccine response to MenACWY-CRM was analyzed. A total of 75 military recruits were enrolled. Among them, 18 received a dose of MenACWY-CRM only (group 1), and 57 received Td three days before MenACWY-CRM immunization (group 2). The immunogenicity of MenACWY-CRM was compared between the two groups. The serum bactericidal activity with baby rabbit complement was measured before and three weeks after immunization against serogroups A, C, W-135, and Y. The geometric mean titers (GMTs) against four serogroups were significantly increased in both groups after immunization. Compared to group 2, group 1 exhibited significantly higher vaccine responses in several aspects: post-immune GMTs against serogroup A and C, seroresponse rates against serogroup A, and a fold increases of titers against serogroup A, C, and Y. MenACWY-CRM was immunogenic against all vaccine-serogroups in Korean military recruits. Vaccine response to MenACWY-CRM was influenced by Td administered three days earlier. © Yonsei University College of Medicine 2016.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.