View : 12 Download: 0
Kinetic Analysis of Base-Pairing Preference for Nucleotide Incorporation Opposite Template Pyrimidines by Human DNA Polymerase ι
- Kinetic Analysis of Base-Pairing Preference for Nucleotide Incorporation Opposite Template Pyrimidines by Human DNA Polymerase ι
- Choi J.-Y.; Lim S.; Eoff R.L.; Guengerich F.P.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Molecular Biology
- vol. 389, no. 2, pp. 264 - 274
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- DNA polymerase (pol) ι, a member of the mammalian Y-family of DNA polymerases involved in translesion DNA synthesis, has been previously suggested to peculiarly utilize Hoogsteen base pairing for DNA synthesis opposite template purines, unlike pols η and κ, which utilize Watson-Crick (W-C) base pairing. To investigate the possible roles of Hoogsteen, W-C, and wobble base-pairing modes in the selection of nucleotides opposite template pyrimidines by human pol ι, we carried out kinetic analyses of incorporation of modified purine nucleoside triphosphates including 7-deazapurines, inosine, 2-aminopurine, 2,6-diaminopurine, and 6-chloropurine, which affect H-bonding in base-pair formation opposite template pyrimidines. Carbon substitution at the N7 atom of purine nucleoside triphosphates, which disrupts Hoogsteen base pairing, only slightly inhibited DNA synthesis opposite template pyrimidines by pol ι, which was not substantially different from human pols η and κ. Opposite template T, only the relative wobble stabilities (inferred from the potential numbers of H-bonding, steric, and electrostatic interactions but not measured) of base pairs were positively correlated to the relative efficiencies of nucleotide incorporation by pol ι but not the relative W-C or Hoogsteen stabilities, unlike pols η and κ. In contrast, opposite C, only the relative W-C stabilities of base pairs were positively correlated to the relative efficiencies of nucleotide incorporation by pol ι, as with pols η and κ. These results suggest that pol ι might not indispensably require Hoogsteen base pairing for DNA synthesis opposite pyrimidines but rather might prefer wobble base pairing in the selection of nucleotides opposite T and W-C base pairing opposite C. © 2009 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.