View : 126 Download: 0
Mutual authentication based on visual cryptography and OCR for secure IoT service
- Mutual authentication based on visual cryptography and OCR for secure IoT service
- Yang D.; Doh I.; Chae K.
- Ewha Authors
- 채기준; 도인실
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 채기준; 도인실
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- 2016 6th International Workshop on Computer Science and Engineering, WCSE 2016
- 2016 6th International Workshop on Computer Science and Engineering, WCSE 2016, pp. 214 - 219
- IoT; Mutual authentication; OCR; Visual cryptography
- International Workshop on Computer Science and Engineering (WCSE)
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- Recently, various devices providing many services to users have appeared in IoT (Internet of Things). For these services, users as well as devices have to obtain authentication from server system, and they need to authenticate server system, too. In this work, we suggest a mutual authentication between device and server based on visual cryptography. Visual cryptography depends on human eyesight, and it is very simple because no calculation is required for encryption or decryption of the information. We also adopt OCR (Optical Character Recognition) to recognize the information for authentication. OCR plays the role of humans and reads the overlapped images. For evaluation of our proposal, we simulated the authentication mechanism using RaspberryPI II.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.