View : 191 Download: 0
Predictive markers for abnormal glucose intolerance in women with polycystic ovary syndrome
- Predictive markers for abnormal glucose intolerance in women with polycystic ovary syndrome
- Jeong, Kyungah; Park, So Yun; Jeon, Ji Hyun; Lee, Sa Ra; Chung, Hye Won
- Ewha Authors
- 정혜원; 정경아; 이사라; 전지현
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 정혜원; 정경아; 이사라; 전지현
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- MINERVA MEDICA
- MINERVA MEDICA vol. 107, no. 4, pp. 185 - 193
- Polycystic ovary syndrome; Glucose intolerance; Glycosylated hemoglobin
- EDIZIONI MINERVA MEDICA
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- BACKGROUND: The purpose of this study is to identify predictive markers for abnormal glucose metabolism in Korean women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS). METHODS: A total of 312 PCOS patients were evaluated. All patients underwent 75-g oral glucose tolerance tests. The 2-hour plasma glucose level was used to categorize subjects as impaired glucose tolerance (IGT) or non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitus (NIDDM). Areas under the receiver operating characteristic (ROC) curves were used to compare the power of serum markers. Multiple linear regression analysis was used to evaluate the contribution of each confounding factor to the 2-hour post-load glucose value. RESULTS: A total of 285 PCOS women with normal glucose tolerance (91.3%) and 27 PCOS patients with abnormal glucose metabolism (8.7%) (IGT/NIDDM) were evaluated. Area under the curve (AUC) of hemoglobin (Hb) A(1c), high sensitivity C-reactive protein (hs-CRP), lipid accumulation product (LAP) index, and triglyceride (TG) were 0.780, 0.772, 0.762, and 0.758 respectively. ROC analysis suggested a threshold value of 5.45 in HbA(1c) (71.4% sensitivity and 70.0% specificity), a value of 1.16 in hs-CRP (70.3% sensitivity and 80.1% specificity), a value of 12.98 in LAP index (88.5% sensitivity and 52.3% specificity) and a value of 88.0 in TG (77.8% sensitivity and 63.5% specificity) to predict for abnormal glucose metabolism. CONCLUSIONS: HbA(1c), hs-CRP, LAP index, and TG could be useful predictive markers for abnormal glucose metabolism (IGT/I\EDDM) in Korean PCOS women.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.