View : 29 Download: 0
Serum Uric Acid Is Associated with Cerebral White Matter Hyperintensities in Patients with Acute Lacunar Infarction
- Serum Uric Acid Is Associated with Cerebral White Matter Hyperintensities in Patients with Acute Lacunar Infarction
- Han, Sang Won; Song, Tae Jin; Bushnell, Cheryl D.; Lee, Sung-Soo; Kim, Seo Hyun; Lee, Jun Hong; Kim, Gyu Sik; Kim, Ok-Joon; Koh, Im-Seok; Lee, Jong Yun; Suk, Seung-Han; Lee, Sung Ik; Nam, Hyo Suk; Lee, Kyung-Yul; Park, Jae Hyeon
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF NEUROIMAGING
- 1051-2284; 1552-6569
- vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 351 - 354
- Lacunar infarcts; uric acid; white matter hyperintensities
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE: The Effect of Cilostazol in Acute Lacunar Infarction Based on Pulsatility Index of Transcranial Doppler (ECLIPse) study showed a significant decrease in transcranial Doppler pulsatility index (PI) with cilostazol treatment after 90 days of acute lacunar infarction. The aim of this analysis was to perform a subgroup analysis of the ECLIPse study to explore the relationship between serum uric acid (UA) and the volume of white matter hyperintensities (WMH) in patients with acute lacunar infarction. METHODS: The ECLIPse was a multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study conducted in Korea. For this subgroup analysis, WMH volume was measured for those subjects for whom FLAIR or T2-weighted images were available using semiautomated computerized software. RESULTS: Of the 203 patients in 8 hospitals in the ECLIPse study, 130 in 6 hospitals were entered for this subgroup analysis. The mean age was 64.7 +/- 9.95 years, and 20.8% were women. The mean WMH volume was 11.57 cm(3) (. 13 to 68.45, median 4.86) and mean serum UA was 5.2 mg/dL (1.5 to 8.9). Multiple linear regression analysis revealed that age (P <.001) and serum UA (P =.013) were significantly associated with WMH volume. Age-adjusted scatterplots showed that serum UA level was positively related to WMH volume in patients with acute lacunar infarction (r = 0.275, P =.003). CONCLUSIONS: This study showed that serum UA was associated with cerebral WMH in patients with acute lacunar infarction.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의료원 > 의료원 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.