View : 51 Download: 0
Metal allergy in eyelid dermatitis and the evaluation of metal contents in eye shadows
- Metal allergy in eyelid dermatitis and the evaluation of metal contents in eye shadows
- Oh, J. E.; Lee, H. J.; Choi, Y. W.; Choi, H. Y.; Byun, J. Y.
- Ewha Authors
- 최혜영; 최유원; 변지연
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 최혜영; 최유원; 변지연
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- JOURNAL OF THE EUROPEAN ACADEMY OF DERMATOLOGY AND VENEREOLOGY
- JOURNAL OF THE EUROPEAN ACADEMY OF DERMATOLOGY AND VENEREOLOGY vol. 30, no. 9, pp. 1518 - 1521
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- BackgroundAllergic contact dermatitis is a common diagnosis in eyelid dermatitis. Sensitization to metals is prevalent in eyelid dermatitis and colour cosmetic products are frequently suspected as the source of metal exposure. ObjectiveTo investigate the contact allergens for eyelid dermatitis and to assess metal contents in eye shadow products. MethodsData were collected in the department of dermatology of Ewha Womans University hospital from December 1998 to February 2014. A total of 983 patients were patch tested during the period and 67 patients had eyelid dermatitis among them. To examine metal elements in colour cosmetic products for eyes, randomly selected 10 eye shadows were analysed. ResultsFrequent allergens were metals, thiomersal and phenylenediamine in patients with eyelid dermatitis. The sensitization rates of individual allergens were not significantly different between patients with eyelid dermatitis and without eyelid dermatitis. All 10 eye shadow products contained more than 5 ppm of at least one element, nickel, cobalt or chromium. ConclusionMetals were top-rank allergens in patients with eyelid dermatitis as in the remaining patients patch tested. The eye shadow products contained significant amount of nickel, cobalt or chromium to elicit allergic reactions.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.