View : 30 Download: 0
[Medical ethics as professional ethics].
- [Medical ethics as professional ethics].
- Kwon I.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- The Korean journal of gastroenterology = Taehan Sohwagi Hakhoe chi
- vol. 60, no. 3, pp. 135 - 139
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Contemporary medical ethics is far from the traditional concept of "In-Sul (benevolent art)" or "Yul-Li (.., ethics), which emphasizes so much the personality or the character of a doctor. Nowadays, medical ethics should be considered as "professional ethics" which regulates the acts and medical practices of ordinary doctors in their daily practice. The key concepts of the professional ethics are "autonomy", "integrity", and "professional standard" established by medical organizations such as medical societies or associations. Most of Korean doctors have not been familiar with the concept of professional ethics or professionalism, which is due to the modern history of Korea. However, the concept of professional ethics is really critical to Korean doctors from the perspective of professional dignity and social respect to this profession. The current healthcare system of Korea is suffering from many problems of both private and public sector. Nonetheless, the professional ethics is urgently demanded for that very reason.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.