View : 17 Download: 0
An Energy-Efficient sensor routing with low latency, scalability for Smart Home Networks
- An Energy-Efficient sensor routing with low latency, scalability for Smart Home Networks
- Oh H.; Chae K.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- International Journal of Smart Home
- vol. 1, no. 2, pp. 71 - 82
- With advances in processor and wireless communication technologies, sensor networks will be used everywhere in the future life. Home networks are one of the good environments that sensor networks will be deployed. In sensor networks, many sensor devices detect various physical data and send them to the base station. In this paper, we present a sensor routing scheme, EESR (Energy-Efficient Sensor Routing) that provides energy-efficient data delivery from sensors to the base station. The proposed scheme divides the area into sectors and locates a manager node to each sector. The manager node receives collected data from sensor devices in its corresponding sector and then transfers the data to the base station through the shortest path of the 2-dimensional (x, y) coordinates. In this process, we use relative direction based routing in the 2-dimensional (x, y) coordinates in wireless sensor networks. Via simulation, we show that the proposed scheme achieve significant energy savings and outperform idealized transitional schemes (e.g., broadcasting, directed diffusion, clustering) under the investigated scenarios.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.