View : 18 Download: 0
TRUE test in patients with contact dermatitis: A multicenter study
- TRUE test in patients with contact dermatitis: A multicenter study
- Hong Y.J.; Choi H.Y.; Kim K.J.; Lee G.Y.; Kim D.W.; Kim S.J.; Kim S.C.; Ro Y.S.; Moon K.C.; Park M.Y.; Son S.W.; Shin J.H.; Yang J.M.; Eun H.C.; Lee M.G.; Lee C.H.; Hong C.K.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Korean Journal of Dermatology
- vol. 49, no. 8, pp. 661 - 669
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Background: The TRUE test is a commercially available ready-to-apply patch test widely used in many countries, but no large-scale study is available on the TRUE test in Korea. Objective: The purpose of this study was to analyze the type, frequency, and changes in the common contact allergens in Korea using the TRUE test. Methods: From January 2009 to March 2010, TRUE tests were performed on patients with contact dermatitis at the Departments of Dermatology of 15 hospitals. The epidemiological findings of patients, and the results of the patch tests were analyzed. Results: In total, 795 patch tested cases (246 males, 549 females) were compiled and analyzed. The oldest age distribution was the third decade in both males and females, and housewives and office-workers were the most common jobs, comprising 29.7% and 19.8% of the occupations, respectively. Overall, 65.1% of patients had at least one positive reaction, and the most common allergens were nickel sulfate (34.1%), thimerosal (12.6%), cobalt chloride (11.1%), and p-phenylenediamine (8.4%), in order of frequency. A univariate analysis of multiple variables including age, gender, occupation, and affected sites was conducted and a comparison with a previous multicenter study was also analyzed. Conclusion: These results provide the basis for use of the TRUE test in patients with contact dermatitis in Korea.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.