View : 19 Download: 0
The expressions of desmoglein 1 and 3 according to chronologic skin aging
- The expressions of desmoglein 1 and 3 according to chronologic skin aging
- Choi Y.-W.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Korean Journal of Dermatology
- vol. 45, no. 7, pp. 645 - 649
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Background: Desmogleins ate transmembrane glycoproteins of the desmosome which provide mechanical strength to epithelial tissue. Desmogleins have so far, been implicated in several diseases such as pemphigus, striate palmoplantar keratoderma, 4S and squamous cell carcinomas. Skin cancer usually occurs in old age. And there are reports that the expression of desmogleins are increased in squamous cell carcinoma. However the role of desmogleins in skin aging has not yet been reported. Objective: The purpose of this study was to investigate the expression of desmoglein 1 and 3 according to chronologic skin aging. Methods: A total of 6 normal tissue samples from sun-protected skin of different age groups (from 34-year-old to an 84-year-old) and 1 squamous cell carcinoma tissue from a 72-year-old patient were taken. Western blotting and immunohistochemical staining were performed with anti desmoglein 1 and 3 antibodies. The expression of desmoglein 1 and 3 by Western blotting were calculated semiquantitatively by a densitometer. Results: The expression of desmoglein 1 was 0.382 in the 34-year-old, 0.450 in the 45-year-old, 0.369 in the 56-year-old, 0.761 in the 65-year-old, 1.035 in the 77-year-old and 1.329 ODu/mm2 in the 84-year-old. The expression of desmoglein 3 was 0.830 in the 34-year-old, 0.984 in the 45-year-old, 1.029 in the 56-year-old, 1.534 in the 65-year-old, 1.714 in the 77-year-old and 1.878 ODu/mm2 in the 84-year-old. In immunohistochemical staining, the expression of Dsg1 increased from the basal layer to the granular layer and Dsg3 was expressed in the basal and suprabasal layers. Conclusion: The expression of desmoglein 1 and 3 were increased according to chronologic skin aging.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.