View : 75 Download: 0
Establishing International Blood Pressure References among Nonoverweight Children and Adolescents Aged 6 to 17 Years
- Establishing International Blood Pressure References among Nonoverweight Children and Adolescents Aged 6 to 17 Years
- Xi B.; Zong X.; Kelishadi R.; Hong Y.M.; Khadilkar A.; Steffen L.M.; Nawarycz T.; Krzywińska-Wiewiorowska M.; Aounallah-Skhiri H.; Bovet P.; Chiolero A.; Pan H.; Litwin M.; Poh B.K.; Sung R.Y.T.; So H.-K.; Schwandt P.; Haas G.-M.; Neuhauser H.K.; Marinov L.; Galcheva S.V.; Motlagh M.E.; Kim H.S.; Khadilkar V.; Krzyzaniak A.; Romdhane H.B.; Heshmat R.; Chiplonkar S.; Stawińska-Witoszyńska B.; El Ati J.; Qorbani M.; Kajale N.; Traissac P.; Ostrowska-Nawarycz L.; Ardalan G.; Parthasarathy L.; Zhao M.; Zhang T.
- Ewha Authors
- 홍영미; 김혜순
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 홍영미; 김혜순
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- vol. 133, no. 4, pp. 398 - 408
- Adolescent; Blood pressure; Child; Hypertension
- Lippincott Williams and Wilkins
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Background-Several distributions of country-specific blood pressure (BP) percentiles by sex, age, and height for children and adolescents have been established worldwide. However, there are no globally unified BP references for defining elevated BP in children and adolescents, which limits international comparisons of the prevalence of pediatric elevated BP. We aimed to establish international BP references for children and adolescents by using 7 nationally representative data sets (China, India, Iran, Korea, Poland, Tunisia, and the United States). Methods and Results-Data on BP for 52 636 nonoverweight children and adolescents aged 6 to 19 years were obtained from 7 large nationally representative cross-sectional surveys in China, India, Iran, Korea, Poland, Tunisia, and the United States. BP values were obtained with certified mercury sphygmomanometers in all 7 countries by using standard procedures for BP measurement. Smoothed BP percentiles (50th, 90th, 95th, and 99th) by age and height were estimated by using the Generalized Additive Model for Location Scale and Shape model. BP values were similar between males and females until the age of 13 years and were higher in males than females thereafter. In comparison with the BP levels of the 90th and 95th percentiles of the US Fourth Report at median height, systolic BP of the corresponding percentiles of these international references was lower, whereas diastolic BP was similar. Conclusions-These international BP references will be a useful tool for international comparison of the prevalence of elevated BP in children and adolescents and may help to identify hypertensive youths in diverse populations. © 2015 American Heart Association, Inc.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.