View : 51 Download: 0
Dynamic VLAN registration mechanism on EoMPLS
- Dynamic VLAN registration mechanism on EoMPLS
- Kim; M.; Chae; K.
- Ewha Authors
- 채기준; 김미희
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- APCC 2003 - 9th Asia-Pacific Conference on Communications, in conjunction with 6th Malaysia International Conference on Communications, MICC 2003, Proceedings
- Acceleration; Computer science; Ethernet networks; Local area networks; Multiprotocol label switching; Protocols; Scalability; Switches; Tunneling; Virtual private networks
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- As gigabit/10 gigabit Ethernet technology is recently introduced, the value of Ethernet technology that has been important on the LAN (local area network) is extended into MAN (metro area network). Also, the introduction of valueadded services, like L2VPN (layer 2 virtual private network) service, especially accelerate the advent of Ethernet technology on MAN. For these L2VPN services, several technologies such as L2TP (layer 2 tunneling protocol), PPTP (point-to-point tunneling protocol), and MPLS can be applied. Among them, MPLS, especially EoMPLS (Ethernet over multiprotocol label switching) in the case of Ethernet customer site, provides the benefits of scalability and QoS for L2VPN. For the provision of TLS (transparent LAN service) on the MAN, several modifications and extensions of LAN technologies are required. Among them, the modification of GVRP (GARP VLAN registration protocol), which is dynamic VLAN (virtual LAN) registration protocol, is necessary for efficiency and transparency. In this paper, we propose a modified propagation mechanism of GVRP on EoMPLS, and analytically explain that the modified mechanism is efficient and transparently provides the dynamic VLAN registration on the MAN. © 2003 IEEE.
- 0780381149; 9780780381148
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.