View : 66 Download: 0
Journey from NGO to Sustainable Social Enterprise: Acceleratory Organizational Factors of BRAC
- Journey from NGO to Sustainable Social Enterprise: Acceleratory Organizational Factors of BRAC
- Cho; S.; Sultana; R.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Asian Social Work and Policy Review
- vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 293 - 306
- BRAC; NGOs; Organizational factors; Organizational strategy; Social enterprise
- Blackwell Publishing
- SCOPUS; KCI
- The purpose of this study is to explore the organizational factors that accelerate for turning BRAC into a sustainable Social Enterprise (SE). As such, using the organization BRAC as a case study, this study focused on two main objectives: first, to explore its organizational strategy or approach as SE and second, to evaluate the ability of the organization to maintain its organizational value as an NGO while operating SEs. This work constitutes exploratory research based on case study method. The data collection method is divided into two parts: in the first part the relevant literature was reviewed, and in the second part purposive sampling method was used in the form of an in-depth interview. Findings suggests that BRAC generated some key organizational factors including addressing specific social and client's needs, introduced unique 'BRAC Model' and strategy for their SEs, visionary leadership and competent management with proper organizational foundation assist the organization in its capacity to become a sustainable and successful SE. This research has policy implications findings common elements yet innovative approaches for establishing SE among NGOs in Bangladesh, in order to come up with institutional regulations in informal economy and instable political system. © 2015 Wiley Publishing Asia Pty Ltd.
- Appears in Collections:
- 사회과학대학 > 사회복지학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.