View : 17 Download: 0
Isolated revision of an acetabular component to a ceramic-on-ceramic bearing in patients under 50 years of age
- Isolated revision of an acetabular component to a ceramic-on-ceramic bearing in patients under 50 years of age
- Kim; Y.-H.; Park; J.-W.; J.-S.
- Ewha Authors
- 김영후; 김준식; 박장원
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 김영후; 김준식; 박장원
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Bone and Joint Journal
- vol. 97B, no. 9, pp. 1197 - 1203
- British Editorial Society of Bone and Joint Surgery
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- A number of studies have reported satisfactory results from the isolated revision of an acetabular component. However, many of these studies reported only the short-to intermediate-term results of heterogeneous bearing surfaces in a mixed age group. We present our experience of using a ceramic-on-ceramic (CoC) bearing for isolated revision of an uncemented acetabular component in 166 patients (187 hips) who were under the age of 50 years at the time of revision. There were 78 men and 88 women with a mean age of 47.4 years (28 to 49). The most common reason for revision was polyethylene wear and acetabular osteolysis in 123 hips (66%), followed by aseptic loosening in 49 hips (26%). We report the clinical and radiological outcome, complication rate, and survivorship of this group. The mean duration of follow-up was 15.6 years (11 to 19). The mean pre-operative Harris hip score was 33 points (1 to 58), and improved to a mean of 88 points (51 to 100) at follow-up. The mean pre-operative total Western Ontario and McMaster Universities Osteoarthritis Index score was 63.2 (43 to 91) and improved to 19.8 points (9 to 61) post-operatively. Overall, 153 of 166 patients (92%) were satisfied with their outcome. Kaplan-Meier survivorship analysis, with revision or radiological evidence of implant failure (13 patients, 8%) as end-points, was 92% at 15 years (95% confidence interval 0.89 to 0.97). Isolated revision of a cementless acetabular component using a CoC bearing gives good results in patients under 50 years of age. © 2015 The British Editorial Society of Bone & Joint Surgery.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.