View : 26 Download: 0
Inorganic Micelles (Hydrophilic Core@Amphiprotic Shell) for Multiple Applications
- Inorganic Micelles (Hydrophilic Core@Amphiprotic Shell) for Multiple Applications
- Islam; M.S.; Choi; W.S.; Kim; S.H.; Han; O.H.; Lee; H.-J.
- Ewha Authors
- 한옥희; 이하진
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 한옥희; 이하진
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Advanced Functional Materials
- vol. 25, no. 38, pp. 6061 - 6070
- catalysts; enzymes; inorganic micelles; oil/water separation; polyelectrolytes
- Wiley-VCH Verlag
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- A facile approach for synthesizing superhydrophobic hollow silica micelles (SHSMs) with hydrophilic cores and amphiprotic (superhydrophobic/hydrophilic) shell structures that act as "all-in-one" smart nanomaterials is presented. The particles possess hydrophilic cores consisting of silica and a polyelectrolyte (PE) network and an amphiprotic shell consisting of superhydrophobic long-chained hydrocarbons and hydrophilic PEs. Due to the unique hydrophilic cores and amphiprotic shells, the particles exhibit extraordinary performance in terms of amphiprotic catalytic reactions in organic and aqueous solutions, oil/water separation and pollutant purification, and an ultrahigh loading capacity of enzymes with significant stability and efficient recyclability. The amphiprotic functionalities of the SHSMs have the potential to allow for a rich range of applications to be explored. Superhydrophobic hollow SiO2 micelles (SHSMs) with hydrophilic cores and amphiprotic (superhydrophobic/hydrophilic) shells are prepared and their multiple applications are demonstrated. The unique amphiprotic functionality makes the SHSMs suitable as smart nanomaterials for multiple applications, such as amphiprotic catalytic reactions in aqueous or organic solutions, oil/water separation and pollutant purification, and enzyme immobilization, with great stability and efficient recyclability. © 2015 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 화학·나노과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.