View : 21 Download: 0
Cell Selection and Resource Allocation for Interference Management in a Macro-Picocell Heterogeneous Network
- Cell Selection and Resource Allocation for Interference Management in a Macro-Picocell Heterogeneous Network
- Moon S.; Kim B.; Malik S.; You C.; Liu H.; Kim J.-H.; Kim J.; Hwang I.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Wireless Personal Communications
- vol. 83, no. 3, pp. 1887 - 1901
- ABS; Cell selection; CRE; HetNet; Interference; SFR; SINR
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- SCIE; SCOPUS
- A heterogeneous network (HetNet) based on the long-term evolution advanced standard has been developed to improve the system performance; in this HetNet, macrocells and low-power nodes, such as picocells, coexist. Further, cell range expansion has been introduced to encourage data offloading in a HetNet. In this paper, we propose a cell selection scheme based on the signal-to-interference-plus-noise ratio to achieve an optimal offloading effect. We also propose a resource allocation scheme in the frequency and time domains, to reduce interference in a HetNet. In the frequency domain, the macrocells allocate a frequency band by using soft frequency reuse, and the picocells choose the sub-bands that are not used in the macrocell sector, to avoid interference. In addition, we found that it was difficult to allocate a limited frequency resource. Therefore, the cross-tier interference can be managed by using an almost blank subframe (ABS) with a flexible ABS ratio, to improve spectrum efficiency in the time domain. The simulation results show that the proposed schemes can improve the spectrum efficiency of both the macro-user equipment and the pico-user equipment, as well as improve the overall UE performance. © 2015, Springer Science+Business Media New York.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 전자공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.