View : 70 Download: 0
Regulation of IGFBP-2 expression during fasting
- Regulation of IGFBP-2 expression during fasting
- Kang H.S.; Kim M.-Y.; Kim S.-J.; Lee J.-H.; Kim Y.-D.; Seo Y.-K.; Bae J.-H.; Oh G.-T.; Song D.-K.; Ahn Y.-H.; Im S.-S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Biochemical Journal
- vol. 467, no. 3, pp. 453 - 460
- Fasting; Gene expression; Insulin-like growth factor-1 (IGF-1); Insulin-like growth factor-binding protein 2 (IGFBP-2); Liver; Peroxisome-proliferator-activated receptor α (PPARα)
- Portland Press Ltd
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-binding protein-2 (IGFBP-2), one of the most abundant circulating IGFBPs, is known to attenuate the biological action of IGF-1. Although the effect of IGFBP-2 in preventing metabolic disorders is well known, its regulatory mechanism remains unclear. In the present study, we demonstrated the transcriptional regulation of the Igfbp-2 gene by peroxisome-proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) α in the liver. During fasting, both Igfbp-2 and PPARα expression levels were increased. Wy14643, a selective PPARα agonist, significantly induced Igfbp-2 gene expression in primary cultured hepatocytes. However, Igfbp-2 gene expression in Pparα null micewas not affected by fasting orWy14643. In addition, through transient transfection and chromatin immunoprecipitation assay in fasted livers, we determined that PPARα bound to the putative PPAR-responsive element between - 511 bp and - 499 bp on the Igfbp-2 gene promoter, indicating that the Igfbp-2 gene transcription is activated directly by PPARα . To explore the role of PPARα in IGF-1 signalling, we treated primary cultured hepatocytes with Wy14643 and observed a decrease in the number of IGF-1 receptors (IGF-1Rs) and in Akt phosphorylation. No inhibition was observed in the hepatocytes isolated from Pparα null mice. These results suggest that PPARα controls IGF-1 signalling through the up-regulation of hepatic Igfbp-2 transcription during fasting and Wy14643 treatment. © The Authors Journal compilation © 2015 Biochemical Society.
- Appears in Collections:
- 자연과학대학 > 생명과학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.