View : 25 Download: 0
Treatment outcomes of rituximab plus hyper-CVAD in korean patients with sporadic burkitt or burkitt-like lymphoma: Results of a multicenter analysis
- Treatment outcomes of rituximab plus hyper-CVAD in korean patients with sporadic burkitt or burkitt-like lymphoma: Results of a multicenter analysis
- Hong J.; Kim S.J.; Ahn J.-S.; Song M.K.; Kim Y.R.; Lee H.S.; Yhim H.-Y.; Yoon D.H.; Kim M.K.; Oh S.Y.; Park Y.; Mun Y.-C.; Do Y.R.; Ryoo H.-M.; Lee J.-J.; Lee J.H.; Kim W.S.; Suh C.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Cancer Research and Treatment
- vol. 47, no. 2, pp. 173 - 181
- Burkitt lymphoma; CVAD protocol; Rituximab
- Korean Academy of Periodontology
- SCIE; SCOPUS; KCI
- Purpose: This study was conducted to evaluate outcomes in adult patients with Burkitt lymphoma (BL) or Burkitt-like lymphoma treated with an rituximab plus hyper-CVAD (R-hyper-CVAD) regimen by focusing on tolerability and actual delivered relative dose intensity (RDI). Materials and Methods: Patients ≥ 20 years of age and pathologically diagnosed with BL or Burkitt-like lymphoma were treated with at least one cycle of R-hyper-CVAD as the first-line treatment in this study. Eligible patients' case report forms were requested from their physicians to obtain clinical and laboratory data for this retrospective study. Results: Forty-three patients (median age, 51 years) from 14 medical centers in Korea were analyzed, none of which were infected with human immunodeficiency virus. The majority of patients had advanced diseases, and 24 patients achieved a complete response (75.0%). After a median follow-up period of 20.0 months, 2-year event-free and overall survival rates were 70.9% and 81.4%, respectively. Eleven patients (25.6%) were unable to complete the R-hyper-CVAD regimen, including six patients due to early death. The RDIs of adriamycin, vincristine, methotrexate, and cytarabine were between 60% and 65%, which means less than 25% of patients received greater than 80% of the planned dose of each drug. Poor performance status was related to the lower RDIs of doxorubicin and methotrexate. Conclusion: R-hyper-CVAD showed excellent treatment outcomes in patients who were suitable for dose-intense chemotherapy. However, management of patients who are intolerant to a dose-intense regimen remains problematic due to the frequent occurrence of treatmentrelated complications. © 2015 by the Korean Cancer Association.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.