View : 105 Download: 0
Performance IQ in children is associated with blood cadmium concentration in early pregnancy
- Performance IQ in children is associated with blood cadmium concentration in early pregnancy
- Jeong K.S.; Park H.; Ha E.; Hong Y.-C.; Ha M.; Kim B.-N.; Lee B.-E.; Lee S.-J.; Lee K.Y.; Kim J.H.; Kim Y.
- Ewha Authors
- 하은희; 박혜숙
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 하은희; 박혜숙
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology
- Journal of Trace Elements in Medicine and Biology vol. 30, pp. 107 - 111
- Blood cadmium; IQ; Performance; WPPSI-R
- Elsevier GmbH
- SCI; SCIE; SCOPUS
- Document Type
- Objective: To investigate whether performance IQ in children is associated with maternal blood cadmium concentration in early pregnancy. Method: The present study is a component of the Mothers' and Children's Environmental Health (MOCEH) study, a multi-center birth cohort project in Korea that began in 2006. The study cohort consisted of 119 children whose mothers underwent testing of blood cadmium during early pregnancy. All children were evaluated using the Korean version of the Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligence, revised edition (WPPSI-R), at 60 months of age. Multivariate linear regression analysis was performed to analyze the correlation between IQ in children and maternal blood cadmium concentration in early pregnancy, after adjustment for covariates. Results: Maternal blood cadmium concentration during early pregnancy was inversely associated with performance IQ, after adjustment for covariates such as sex, educational levels of both parents, family income, and maternal BMI. Maternal blood cadmium concentration, however, was not associated with cognitive IQ. Conclusion: Performance IQ in children is associated with maternal blood cadmium concentration in early pregnancy. © 2014 Elsevier GmbH.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.