View : 21 Download: 0
On using category experts for improving the performance and accuracy in recommender systems
- On using category experts for improving the performance and accuracy in recommender systems
- Hwang W.-S.; Lee H.-J.; Kim S.-W.; Lee M.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ACM International Conference Proceeding Series
- A variety of recommendation methods have been proposed to satisfy the performance and accuracy; however, it is fairly difficult to satisfy both of them because there is a trade-off between them. In this paper, we introduce the notion of category experts and propose the recommendation method by exploiting the ratings of category experts instead of those of the users similar to a target user. We also extend the method that uses both the category preference of a target user and his/her similarity to category experts. We show that our method significantly outperforms the existing methods in terms of performance and accuracy through extensive experiments with real-world data. © 2012 ACM.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.