View : 55 Download: 0
Functionality evaluation of ubiquitous service ontology for dynamic service composition
- Functionality evaluation of ubiquitous service ontology for dynamic service composition
- Lee M.; Lee J.-W.; Moon N.; Park S.S.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Lecture Notes in Electrical Engineering
- vol. 114 LNEE, pp. 475 - 485
- Effective service description and modeling methodologies for dynamic service composition are essential techniques for providing autonomous services in ubiquitous computing environments. In our previous paper, we proposed "u-Service" as an abstract and structured concept for operations of devices in ubiquitous environments. In addition, we established the mechanism to structure u-Services in ontology and the description specification to represent the attributes of u-Services. However, we did not present methods or standards that are sufficient to analyze and evaluate the effectiveness of the u-Service ontology during the design time. Since the existing quality models for software products or computing systems cannot consider the characteristics of u-Services, they are not suitable for a u-Service ontology. Therefore, in this paper, we propose an evaluation model to assess the functionality of u-Service ontologies, based on our u-Service ontology building process. We extract a modeling goal and evaluation indicators according to characteristics of u-Service ontology and establish quality metrics to quantify them. The experimental results for u-Service ontologies that were constructed in our previous studies show that we can comprehensively analyze the design of u-Service ontology. Further, on the basis of the evaluation results, improvement in design quality can be achieved. © 2012 Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.