View : 221 Download: 0
The effect of peer relationship and family function on children's loneliness
- The effect of peer relationship and family function on children's loneliness
- Lee S.J.; Lee H.S.; Lee S.H.; Shim S.W.
- Ewha Authors
- 이상화; 이홍수; 심경원
- SCOPUS Author ID
- 이상화; 이홍수; 심경원
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Korean Journal of Family Medicine
- Korean Journal of Family Medicine vol. 30, no. 7, pp. 533 - 538
- SCOPUS; KCI
- Document Type
- Background: Children are exposed to dangers of loneliness. This problem is associated with violent aggression, depression and anxiety. Therefore, the effect of peer relationship and family function on children's loneliness was investigated in this study. Methods: This study was based on the survey administered to 198, 5th and 6th grade students of five elementary schools in Seoul, Korea, in May, 2007. We investigated family function, peer relationship and children's loneliness by self-rating using the Smilkstein's Family APGAR, Peer Environment Scale and Children's Loneliness Scale. The collected data were analyzed with SPSS ver. 12.0. Results: Comparison group of children with different gender showed significant difference in the peer relationship, especially emotional support. On the other hand, data showed children's loneliness and family function were not affected in male or female children. Group of children with more intimate relationship and healthier family function reduced children's loneliness. Peer relationship and family function had the greatest influence on children's loneliness. Conclusion: Group of children with more intimate relationship and healthier family function reduced children's loneliness. Accordingly, family physicians should heed to their family function and know that it has an effect on children's emotions. © 2009 by The Korean Academy of Family Medicine.
- Appears in Collections:
- 의과대학 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.