View : 96 Download: 0
Energy-efficient code dissemination using minimal virtual backbone in sensor networks
- Energy-efficient code dissemination using minimal virtual backbone in sensor networks
- Kim J.; Lim J.; Chae K.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Proceedings - 2010 International Conference on Broadband, Wireless Computing Communication and Applications, BWCCA 2010
- Proceedings - 2010 International Conference on Broadband, Wireless Computing Communication and Applications, BWCCA 2010, pp. 149 - 154
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- Code Dissemination of a sensor network is useful for uploading a new code or for changing the functionality of the existing code. Code Dissemination may be done multiple times during a node's lifetime and therefore a node has to remain receptive to future code updates. The majority of code dissemination mechanisms are based on Deluge. Deluge generates broadcast storm to distribute a new code, which causes the serious redundancy, the contention and the message collision. In this paper, we propose an energy-efficient code dissemination method to reduce the number of broadcasting packets over the minimal virtual backbone using RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indicator) values. We evaluated the performance of our method via simulations using QualNet, a kind of simulation tools. Results show that in comparison to Deluge and CORD, our proposed method significantly reduces the number of transmitted messages and the energy consumption for the code dissemination. © 2010 IEEE.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.