View : 16 Download: 0
CCQ: Efficient local planning using connection collision query
- CCQ: Efficient local planning using connection collision query
- Tang M.; Kim Y.J.; Manocha D.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Springer Tracts in Advanced Robotics
- vol. 68, no. STAR, pp. 229 - 247
- We introduce a novel proximity query, called connection collision query (CCQ), and use it for efficient and exact local planning in sampling-based motion planners. Given two collision-free configurations, CCQ checks whether these configurations can be connected by a given continuous path that either lies completely in the free space or penetrates any obstacle by at most ε, a given threshold. Our approach is general, robust, and can handle different continuous path formulations. We have integrated the CCQ algorithm with sampling-based motion planners and can perform reliable local planning queries with little performance degradation, as compared to prior methods. Moreover, the CCQ-based exact local planner is about an order of magnitude faster than prior exact local planning algorithms. © 2010 Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.