View : 84 Download: 0
A simple visual servoing and navigation algorithm for an omnidirectional robot
- A simple visual servoing and navigation algorithm for an omnidirectional robot
- Begum A.; Lee M.; Kim Y.J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- 2010 3rd International Conference on Human-Centric Computing, HumanCom 2010
- This paper presents a simple visual servoing and navigation algorithm for guiding a holonomic or omnidirectional robot. The algorithm facilitates a mobile robot equipped mainly with a webcam to autonomously navigate an unknown environment and explore the path from start configuration to goal configuration along some checkpoints while avoiding obstacles. We have adopted an off-the-shelf toy robot, WowWee™'s Rovio, as robotic platform for our experiments. The proposed algorithm infers information directly from the images that are related to the environment as the Robot faces while navigating and guides the robot to perform image-based navigation. Experimental results on an omnidirectional robot demonstrate that the robot can successfully navigates through building environment and finds the goal point within a reasonable amount of time. © 2010 IEEE.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.