View : 148 Download: 0
GPU-based 3D oriental color-ink rendering
- GPU-based 3D oriental color-ink rendering
- Oh C.S.; Nam Y.-H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- ACM International Conference Proceeding Series
- Automated rendering technique in oriental painting style is demanding in the entertainment industry such as game, animation since this makes their contents more unique. To simulate the oriental painting more vivid, intrinsic color expression is critical. Generally actual artists put 3 colors on the different part of the brush at the same time and they express the volume and diffusion effect with this brush using peculiar color pigments. However most existing works have only focused on black ink painting and they rarely discuss about how to simulate the effect of actual pigments and their layered application. This paper presents a novel algorithm which can express the volume and diffusion of 3D objects using oriental color-ink model constructed from the real artists' standpoint. This model consists of 3 layers according to different color tones. They are combined using Kubelka-Munk (KM) composition model where optical parameters are extracted from the real painting media. We implemented our model on a GPU and the results show real-time rendering performance in arbitrarily given 3D scenes.
- 0473106574; 9780473106577
- Appears in Collections:
- 신산업융합대학 > 융합콘텐츠학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.