View : 50 Download: 0
Dynamic adjustment of optimistic parameter of ROHC for performance improvement
- Dynamic adjustment of optimistic parameter of ROHC for performance improvement
- Kim J.; Woo H.; Lee H.; Lee M.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- 2009 International Conference on Information Networking, ICOIN 2009
- In order to efficiently provide IP based Wireless Broadband services in Mobile WiMAX, measures for more efficiently utilizing a limited bandwidth in radio links are needed. Robust Header Compression (ROHC), a standard header compression scheme proposed by IETF, Bidirectional Optimistic (0) mode provides higher compression efficiency and robustness compared with Payload Header Suppression (PHS) which is an optional header compression scheme for mobile WiMAX . However, if consecutive packet losses occur because of a Shadow Region of Mobile WiMAX, header decompression failure rate of the ROHC 0 mode increases. Therefore, a complementary mechanism is needed. In this paper, we propose an approach for the dynamic adjustment of an optimistic parameter, which has an effect on both the compression efficiency and the robustness, for improving the performance of ROHC 0 mode. We also analyze the performance of the proposed approach using an OPNET simulator.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.