View : 95 Download: 0
Real-time intrusion detection system based on Self-Organized maps and feature correlations
- Real-time intrusion detection system based on Self-Organized maps and feature correlations
- Oh H.; Chae K.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Proceedings - 3rd International Conference on Convergence and Hybrid Information Technology, ICCIT 2008
- Proceedings - 3rd International Conference on Convergence and Hybrid Information Technology, ICCIT 2008 vol. 2, pp. 1154 - 1158
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- Detecting network intrusion has been not only critical but also difficult in the network security research area. Traditional supervised learning techniques are not appropriate to detect anomalous behaviors and new attacks because of temporal changes in network intrusion patterns and characteristics. Therefore, unsupervised learning techniques such as SOM (Self-Organizing Map) are more appropriate for anomaly detection. In this paper, we propose a real-time intrusion detection system based on SOM that groups similar data and visualize their clusters. Our system labels the map produced by SOM using correlations between features. We experiments our system with KDD Cup 1999 data set. Our system yields the reasonable misclassification rates and takes 0.5 seconds to decide whether a behavior is normal or attack. © 2008 IEEE.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.