View : 23 Download: 0
A hybrid approach for complete motion planning
- A hybrid approach for complete motion planning
- Zhang L.; Kim Y.J.; Manocha D.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Robots and Systems
- We present an efficient algorithm for complete motion planning that combines approximate cell decomposition (ACD) with probabilistic roadmaps (PRM). Our approach uses ACD to subdivide the configuration space into cells and computes localized roadmaps by generating samples within these cells. We augment the connectivity graph for adjacent cells in ACD with pseudo-free edges that are computed based on localized roadmaps. These roadmaps are used to capture the connectivity of free space and guide the adaptive subdivision algorithm. At the same time, we use cell decomposition to check for path non-existence and generate samples in narrow passages. Overall, our hybrid algorithm combines the efficiency of PRM methods with the completeness of ACD-based algorithms. We have implemented our algorithm on 3-DOF and 4-DOF robots. We demonstrate its performance on planning scenarios with narrow passages or no collision-free paths. In practice, we observe up to 10 times improvement in performance over prior complete motion planning algorithms. ©2007 IEEE.
- 1424409128; 9781424409129
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.