View : 20 Download: 0
Quantitative analysis of colonoscopy skills using the KAIST-Ewha colonoscopy simulator II
- Quantitative analysis of colonoscopy skills using the KAIST-Ewha colonoscopy simulator II
- Yi S.Y.; Ryu K.H.; Woo H.S.; Ahn W.; Kim W.S.; Lee D.Y.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Proceedings of the Frontiers in the Convergence of Bioscience and Information Technologies, FBIT 2007
- This paper presents a clinical evaluation of the KAIST-Ewha Colonoscopy Simulator II, which includes quantitative analysis of colonoscopy experts' and trainees ' profiles during simulation. This version of the colonoscopy simulator employs an actual colonoscope with added electronics for simulation, and succeeds the previous version of the colonoscopy simulator with the specialized haptic device and proprietary colon modeler. Five colonoscopy experts participated in the profiling of the experts' colonoscopy motions. Nine subjects consisting of three fellows and six residents participated in the training efficacy evaluation of the developed simulator. Two colon models constructed from patients' CT data are used for the training and the trainees ' performance parameters are logged in real-time during simulation. Comparison of the trainees 'profiles during the first 10 trials and the last 10 trials shows that the targeted colonoscopy skills are acquired well through the simulation-based training. © 2007 IEEE.
- 0769529992; 9780769529998
- Appears in Collections:
- 의학전문대학원 > 의학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.