View : 35 Download: 0
An energy-efficient sensor routing with low latency, scalability in wireless sensor networks
- An energy-efficient sensor routing with low latency, scalability in wireless sensor networks
- Hayoung O.; Kijoon C.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Proceedings - 2007 International Conference on Multimedia and Ubiquitous Engineering, MUE 2007
- Energy efficiency, low latency, scalability are important requirements for wireless sensor networks. Specially, because sensor nodes are usually battery powered, and highly resource constrained, energyefficient routing sensor routing scheme with low latency, scalability in wireless sensor networks is very important. In this paper, we present a sensor routing scheme, EESR (Energy-Efficient Sensor Routing) that provides energy-efficient data delivery from sensors to the base station. The proposed scheme divides the area into sectors and locates a manager node to each sector. The manager node receives collected data from sensor devices in its corresponding sector and then transfers the data to the base station through the shortest path of the 2-dimensional (x, y) coordinates. In this process, we use relative direction based routing in the 2-dimensional (x, y) coordinates in wireless sensor networks. Via analysis and simulation, we show that the proposed scheme achieve significant energy savings and outperform idealized transitional schemes (e.g., broadcasting, directed diffusion, clustering) under the investigated scenarios. © 2007 IEEE.
- 0769527779; 9780769527772
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.