View : 52 Download: 0
Hybrid error concealment method for H.264 video transmission over wireless networks
- Hybrid error concealment method for H.264 video transmission over wireless networks
- Yim C.; Kim W.; Lim H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- IWCMC 2007: Proceedings of the 2007 International Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing Conference
- Error concealment (EC) has been adopted to reconstruct lost information for video transmission over wireless networks. For intra-frame EC in H.264 video, only spatial correlations between neighboring macroblocks have been applied for spatial interpolation of the lost macroblock. In this paper, we first propose a simple temporal EC,which uses the temporal correlations between neighboring frames and improves the EC performance for intra-frame in H.264. Then we propose a new hybrid EC method for intra-frame in H.264, which combines the spatial EC and the temporal EC adaptively. Simulation results show that the proposed temporal EC shows substantial PSNR improvement compared to the previous spatial EC in H.264 intra-frame when the amount of motion is small. The proposed hybrid EC achieves further PSNR improvement compared to the temporal ECwhen the amount of motion is rather large. Copyright 2007 ACM.
- 1595936955; 9781595936950
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 전자공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.