View : 108 Download: 0
HR BPO service models for small and medium enterprises
- HR BPO service models for small and medium enterprises
- Kim G.-M.; Won H.J.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Business Process Management Journal
- Business Process Management Journal vol. 13, no. 5, pp. 694 - 706
- Document Type
- Purpose - The goal of this research is first to investigate the outsourcing needs of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) in each of the following HR sub-processes: recruiting, training, HR administration, payroll, and benefit processes. Then, the outsourcing needs are analyzed against the characteristics of the companies such as company size, operating environment, culture and information technology maturity. Lastly, integrated business process outsourcing (BPO) service models are developed according to the characteristics of the company. Design/methodology/approach - To fulfil the objective of this research, the questionnaire is used to assess the outsourcing needs of the companies. The data collected by questionnaire are analyzed against the characteristics of the companies. Then integrated BPO service models are developed based on the analysis of the questionnaire data and the interviews with HR managers. This study used both quantitative and qualitative methodologies. Findings - This study suggests BPO service industry with two different service models: partially integrated model where e-recruiting and e-learning are integrated and fully integrated model where all of the HR-subprocesses are integrated. Originality/value - As BPO is expected to be booming in the next few years, this study helps BPO service industry to better serve SMEs in the area of human resource management. © Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- Appears in Collections:
- 경영대학 > 경영학전공 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.