View : 111 Download: 0
A heuristic-based real-time disk scheduling algorithm for mixed-media workload
- A heuristic-based real-time disk scheduling algorithm for mixed-media workload
- Kim T.; Park J.; Ahn S.; Koh K.; Won Y.; Bahn H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Proceedings of the IASTED International Conference on Internet and Multimedia Systems and Applications
- Proceedings of the IASTED International Conference on Internet and Multimedia Systems and Applications vol. 2006, pp. 165 - 170
- Document Type
- Conference Paper
- For mixed-media workload, disk scheduling strategies should meet the deadlines of requests with timing constraints while optimizing the disk utilization. To design a scheduling algorithm in mixed-media workload environment is very intricate because finding an optimal schedule is NP-hard as well as different QoS (Quality of Service) of each request should be guaranteed. In this paper, we present a novel real-time disk scheduling algorithm which meets the QoS of each requests. Our algorithm employs several heuristics using the requirements of each request and thus could reduce the huge solution space to a feasible extent. Through trace-driven simulation, we show that our algorithm outperforms other algorithms in terms of response time, throughput, and QoS guarantee for real-time requests.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.