View : 23 Download: 0
Future public information infrastructure: Lessons from four US case studies
- Future public information infrastructure: Lessons from four US case studies
- Shin D.-H.; Kim W.-Y.; Lee D.-H.
- Ewha Authors
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 47 - 59
- Purpose - The purpose of this paper is to investigate the current development of public information infrastructure in eastern USA. It proposes discussing lessons learned from four case studies of public information infrastructure projects to gain a better understanding of the challenges and implications of open access for broadband services and to provide a foundation for evaluating the advisability of mandatory open access policies. Design/methodology/approach - Four cases were selected for in-depth study in the eastern area of the USA. Multiple data collection methods were used - in-depth face-to-face and telephone interviews with people associated directly with the projects. Findings - The study recommends appropriate policy measures that can promote open access. Originality/value - The case studies shed light on how future public information infrastructures may evolve within the larger context of national and global information infrastructure. © Emerald Group Publishing Limited.
- Appears in Collections:
- 신산업융합대학 > 융합콘텐츠학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.