View : 45 Download: 0
A Compressed Page Management Scheme for NAND-type Flash Memory
- A Compressed Page Management Scheme for NAND-type Flash Memory
- Yim K.S.; Koh K.; Bahn H.
- Ewha Authors
- SCOPUS Author ID
- Issue Date
- Journal Title
- Proceedings of the International Conference on VLSI
- Compressed data management in NAND-type flash memory is difficult because it only supports page I/O. For example, when the size of compressed data is smaller than page size, internal fragmentation occurs, and this degrades the effectiveness of compression seriously. To reduce internal fragmentation, the compression unit should be sufficiently large. However, larger compression unit induces longer read and write latencies for random accessing. We, therefore, present a novel compressed page management scheme that stores several small compressed pages to one physical page by using a write buffer. Simulation results show that our proposed scheme can significantly expand storage capacity without having to delay read and write latencies.
- Appears in Collections:
- 엘텍공과대학 > 컴퓨터공학과 > Journal papers
- Files in This Item:
There are no files associated with this item.
- RIS (EndNote)
- XLS (Excel)
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.